Saturday, June 5, 2010

Can Has Moar Kills? Girls and Games




"Shutup you little faggot!"... the response I get when I say something over a mic in a CSS (Counterstrike Source) server. Okay, so I LOVE gungame, I swear I could plug into lego, funtimes and blue arena and live in there. Who needs food, what do you mean starvation? I respawned like five seconds ago. But seriously, I like to gloat about my headshots just as much as any other gamer:

"Oh Oh I'm sorry did I just shoot you in the head?, awww awww oh was that me? oops my bad!"

Quite often guys in the server just assume that I'm a little boy. HAH, when they find out i'm a girl, it's all like:
"What? Are you a girl? huh?"
"So where you frum..? ;);):P:P:P:P::PP:P:P"

Eurgh I hate that licky face.

The above are actually some of the more palatable comments. I have been regularly abused for being a female gamer, I have been told to get back to the kitchen multiple times, told that I'll never be a really gamer, that I'm a poser or that I want attention and I must be ugly. Thankfully I have never been threatened but I know girls who have and its not nice.
Going through abuse simply for your love of laning, shooting, or questing is not okay, will never be okay and it's up to us lovely girlies and some lovely guys to help stop this kind of attitude towards women in the video gaming sphere.

I do not think that a mans fingers are more dextrous than mine, I do not think that their brain is more capable of detailing a simple map and I certainly don't think they make better tanks.

One time when I was new at css, I ran straight into the T's Spawn and just stood there with my UMP all like ^___________^ sup guise?
It was like they couldn't believe I would be so stupid :( I didn't know any better i swear.!!!See the thing you have to understand about me is, I'm just a big goofy idiot :) Everyone makes mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment